Gabrielle Shaw, CEO of NAPAC, said: ‘We need to look at how we protect children raised in families where some members have suffered long-term abuse. Predators look for vulnerability and may target survivors of abuse, realising that they haven’t grown up with healthy relationships and have other risk factors. We need to make sure we are supporting survivors of child abuse into adulthood, so that they can give their children the safe childhood which they were denied.’
- Do You Support A Survivor of Childhood Abuse? Here are Some Important Considerations
- NAPAC position on ‘police belief’
- Exploring new situations and early life experiences
- Five ways to support NAPAC safely during the lockdown
- Extra Ministry of Justice funding to help survivors struggling during the lockdown
Call us on 0808 801 0331 for free from landlines and mobiles from 10am-9pm Mon-Thu & 10am-6pm Fri. Calls will not show on your bill.